- Precisely tuned to harmonici overtones which sounds like there are more tones than tubes!
- Black and cherry finish ash wood, 9 silver aluminum tubes
- Length: 34" Width: 15" Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring / knob to bottom of wind catcher
- Beautifully finished, provides years of pleasure in a garden, near a door or as a gift; ideal for use in meditation, sound therapy or to enhance soundscape
- Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill; Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today
New Price: $59.48
Old Price: $59.48
(as of 08:04 UTC - More info
Listen to the soothing sound “illusion” of this Healing Chime as the precisely tuned tubes work together to create rich harmony and wonderful magic. This illusion seems to create more tones than the number of its tubes (such as low bass notes created in your ear)! We use a beautiful ancient tuning not heard on any modern instrument and the result is as amazing as it is unique. This is called the Natural Harmonic Overtone Series. It’s magic to your ears and comfort to your mind.Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the Scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can’t be played on a modern piano, Garry cut and tuned the lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned windchimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today. It remains a family-owned business in New York’s Hudson Valley.