- Fresh seeds
- Custom seed ball recipe with three kinds of compost
- Big productive flowers for bees, butterflies, birds, chipmunks and squirrels.
- Easy and fun to plant.
- Protects seeds from foraging.
20 Black Oil Sunflower seed balls made in our Pennsylvania workshop with newest seed crop. Seed balls are about 1/2″ diameter and average 2-3 seeds per ball, assuring good germination, but not overcrowding and stressing the seedlings. This is a fun and reliable flower for seed bombing and for gardening with kids. Quick to germinate!.
• Edible seeds and Supports native bees
• Native to much of the United States
• Prefers Full Sun and Heavy-Sandy Soils
• Medium water requirements
• Sow anytime of year
• Zones: 3-11
A note about seed balls:
Seed balls protect the seeds from erosion, foraging, and many other factors. This protective property often results in a slower germination cycle. Wildflowers are also highly variable in their germination rates. Please be patient with your seed balls. If you placed them in a suitable location, soil, and climate, when the seeds are ready, they will grow!